Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Kenyan son, Obama.

As a follow-up to my previous post; coincidentally during the last bout of my journey in Kenya, I managed to sit down with a couple of life veterans in a hole-in-a-wall pub in some faraway suburbs of Nairobi debating on the Obama issue. Them over their Tuskers and me over my cola. Listening to them, they were extremely proud of Obama. To the extent that one of them may even fly back to the States to witness Bamie's inauguration and this was what another one of them exclaimed.

"We're proud of Obama. It's not that we want money or help or anything. We're proud of him because we see him like our son. And our son has made it. In the annals of American history, no black has ever stepped foot in the White House. Even if he made it, the bullet will stop him. But not our Obama, He made it."

Wow. Those are some powerful words if you ask me. Please pardon my one way street perspective before then. I hope that provides a fresh perspective to the Obama debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment