Tuesday, October 16, 2007

KSU strikes again!

I think I've posted Michael Wesch and his KSU kids' video on Web 2.0 sometime back. Today, they strike again. Personally, I'm really encouraged with the advent of the web. Although it's been around for more than a decade (maybe two?), its full potential remain much untapped. Today we're flooded with millions of web apps, similar but always with a difference, no matter how insignificant the nuance seems. What goes on in our head at this very second, is being created in another time, another part of the world. Wow.

Honestly, watching these two videos really made my butt itch. There's so much we can do! I mean, the question is not whether we can. It's how. Sparks is open for collaboration. Let's rock the net!

Information R/evolution - explores the changes in the way we find, store, create, critique, and share information



A Vision of Students Today - thinks about how students learn, what they need to learn for their future, and how our current educational system fits in

4 comments:

  1. OMG, now i feel bad or something. But am i suppose to do something? Can i?

    Wait, maybe I'm not even sure what i just watched or how it actually relates to me.

    It's quite true though, about how some of the things we learn aren't really that useful to us in actuality. I have been complaining for quite a while now (to myself) but i always make the excuse that maybe, just maybe it'll be useful someday. So far, i've been proven wrong.

    Tak tau lah, i'm not even all that happy learning what i am learning now. Not even sure if i'm taking the right course. It was kind of a last resort thing which i could use as a passport to other things/courses/industries in the future. But if i finish this and then plan to do something else, wouldn't that be a waste of time.. especially after suffering so much.

    BYE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well depends on what you want to do. My advice is, study something technical. Business to me is an art and art is always subjective and never has ONE way of doing things. But science on the other hand is the tricky bit. If I could rewind the clock, I'll either study social anthropology and ethnography or computer science.

    It's strange that students are now studying so much history. Of what had happened in the past. If anything, they should be studying the future. Predict and innovate. That's how we shape the future right? Malaysians, especially, love dwelling in the past...

    ReplyDelete