Sunday, February 24, 2008

Facebook citizenship.

Here I was, happily browsing my Facebook. Wondering who to poke and what group takes my fancy today. While exploring some different networks and discovering strange and exciting local events, I thought, "Hey, maybe I should join Japan. Maybe I could even find some of my old friends". And then, guess what?


You're not allowed to on another country's network if you're on one already! Since when did we have to choose citizenship even online? What defines citizenship anyway? Although, for very practical economic and safety reasons we're not called 'Earthizens' but Malaysians, Japanese, Germans, Italians, Americans, but what constitutes online 'country boundaries'? Who's who anyway online and how would you know I'm truly a Malaysian?

No comments:

Post a Comment