Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mixed feelings.

Usually I don't blog about political propaganda here but I came across this video while surfing and feel that I have to put it up here and talk about it. Because I have mixed feelings. Like serious mixed feelings.





First of all, I question the intention. It sounds like a great motherhood statement. 'We hear you. We are here for you.' but once in office, they're no where to be found. That's quite a generic proposition, no? I mean, how does that differ the current office from the opposition? Aren't all politicians required to do that? I mean, otherwise why on earth are they in office for?

My second question would be, couldn't they have found a better advertising agency? This really makes me wonder. With so many 'award-winning' advertising agencies around with kick-ass creative directors (and strat planners :), why on earth aren't they commissioning better work? At least better than ripping off Nike's swoosh and tagline? The funny thing is, isn't whomever in office, supposed to tell us not to plagiarize? Changing the swoosh to look more like a tick (that's a visual pun for you) and from 'Just do it' to 'Just change it', uh. C'mon! Open your eyes! Go to the Kancils! Flip through the award books! Take a look at Campaign Brief! Watch Petronas ads! If they're still not getting it, then I know what's the problem. They're right after all. They should listen more.

Plus + I spotted a typo ok. That is so not funny.

2 comments:

  1. wth..is this whats happening in malaysian politics? cant help but laugh at it,i saw the typo as well,it came soo early on.u know the bit where it says let us speak for you,its almost implying that theyre gonna decide for the ppl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No government can be perfect and I think everyone understands that. I think what matters more is to see them trying :/

    ReplyDelete