Monday, May 25, 2009

Open Library Project.

As Sparks' initiative to promote sustainability (creatively), I've decided to open my personal library of reads.

How it works:

You'll find different genres of books that may be of interest to you. Some of these books are my precious keepsake (so please take good care of them), some are brilliant, some were presents, some were donated and etc. But whatever it is, feel free to let me know if you want to borrow any of them. Just email me and tell me which title(s) and we'll figure a way to get them to you. My apologies but I think at this moment, this project may be only relevant to those residing in Klang Valley (Malaysia). If it grows (somehow), we'll figure ways to improve the 'system'.
But please please please do NOT crease the books. Thanks.

I think the question on everyone's mind will be copyright issue? Hmm. While I don't think I've violated anything (would lending a book to a friend be considered as copyright violation? Or would this be considered as illegal distribution?), if at all, I think it helps people to make a wiser purchase. If they really enjoyed something, I'm sure they'll purchase it to keep. I'd rather think this as promoting 'efficient consumption'. Purchase only when you absolutely (friggin') got to have it. So, stop buying and start investing :)

Start browsing the library now.

No comments:

Post a Comment