Thursday, December 29, 2011

Spark a new year revolution.

Today is the last day of work for Sparks till next year.  Wowee.

And before I end the year, I'd like to thank you guys, oh-eyeballs-from-all-over-the-world, for your keen support for this blog and for listening to my blahs for as long as you did.  Really, thank you.

Twenty twelve promises some changes which will bring new challenges for Sparks.  Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm ever good enough for those challenges.  I have my doubts too.  But.  Well, life comes life goes, what the heck, let's just do it.  Sometimes life is as such... if you wanna get somewhere even if you don't know where, it's essential to make the move first.  Even God can't steer you if you do not first start the engine and step on  the gas right?  Unlike some of my friends who have very clear vision of where they want to be, what they want to do, what they want to see achieved; truth be told, I don't.  My vision is... kinda hazy.  I know what drives me and what I enjoy doing.  I am just not sure if I could so clearly state what I want to achieve in the next year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, 20 years from now.  Yes, I am aware that I'm a planner.  And double yes, I'm well aware that this statement doesn't provide strong stakeholder confidence to my employer.  But oh well.  It's my blog :)

Next year, I want to spark a revolution.  Honestly, I don't know what, when and how.  Enough of resolutions, let's look at bigger things.  Let's look at not just what one can do on their own but what one can change for a few, a group, a community of people - or dare we even think, the world.  Hell yeah, I'd like to do that.  There will be minor changes in my career path which I probably won't share till it's a lot more concrete but it will be a good year.  Every year is, no?  Even if shitty things had happened, they happened for a reason and the important thing is they teach you how to shrug it off, do a 'plft' at it and run along to something better.  Nope, no regrets.  I don't think I made the right choice all the time but I'm also quite glad that these experiences took me to the bottom of the pit to see darkness.  Because I got tired of it and started  to miss the light.  I forced myself to climb out of the pit.  And when I finally did, I embraced the light as though I have never seen it before!  And hey what do you know, I now have muscles!  Awesome innit?

Anyway, to all of you who know me and who don't know me, allow me to share a simple prayer (or a heartfelt wish, if using the word prayer disturbs you greatly) - I pray/wish that you will find fulfilment in your career where you realize that you're always always in a position to serve others, that you will find the courage to love in the truest, most respectful, most responsible, most unbelievable, warm-fuzzy-feeling inducing form (because true love that drops from the sky is an urban myth and you know that right?), that you will appreciate everyone around you and be blessed with the creativity to think of ways to reconnect to them that may bring you closer to one another, that you will live a life that is noble, sincere, responsible, caring, forgiving; that's filled with peace, love and joy.  Have.  A very happy new year.  See you in twenty twelve.

Yours truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment