Monday, March 5, 2012

What happens when you know it is dying?

My favourite favourite favourite childhood watch is dying.  It died many times actually, but each time I managed to revive it.  I've changed its straps like countless times and I still remember they cost RM15 each.  I've changed the battery which shapes like a 20 cent count with great difficulty because apparently they have stopped producing it.  I've had this Casio since the day I stole it from my brother.  When I was 12.  And now, although it's still working but I know it's just a matter of time because the side buttons (which you have to use all your mighty force to press them in to adjust the time) are now stuck.  They got jammed and wouldn't come out so I can't adjust the time anymore :(

Sigh.

Well, someone suggested that I get a new one.  Well, actually I do have a watch which I've been wearing for the past few years since my Casio fell sick.  But she was persistent, so I started going to watch shops and looked around.

Nothing really caught my eye, except for the Victorinox Swiss Army Original.  Don't get me wrong, I don't collect watches or anything like that.  But I do enjoy impeccable engineering, telling art and beautiful smart design.

Watches, like cars, fit all of the above ;)

What do you guys think of this? 

Black face?  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment