Saturday, January 9, 2010

Malaysia: Interesting conversation between two leaders.

On Saturday, 9th January 2010, both Malaysia and the United States released statements by their respective leaders with regards to bombings that threatened to disrupt peace and security. Can you spot the difference?

Obama – I am less interested in passing out blame than I am in learning from and correcting these mistakes to make us safer (on major intelligence flaws in al-Qaeda’s bid to bomb airlines on Christmas Day).

O-Najib – I condemn the attacks as they will destroy the harmony in this country (on the three churches bombed on Friday speculated as a result of the law’s approval for Christians using the word ‘Allah’ in reference to God).

Obama – Ultimately the buck stops with me. As president, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people, and when the system fails, it is my responsibility (of which Obama’s top anti-terror official John Brennan delivered a personal note, “I told the president today, I let him down… I told him that I will do better”).

O-Najib – I hope people will not take the law into their hands. The IGP will report to me on the incident once there is evidence and new developments (…krek krek... krek krek).

Source: The above statements are taken from The Star papers dated today.

Soooo interesting, aye? Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment