Thursday, November 12, 2009

What people think about...

Came across a pretty insightful line today:

"If you give up once, you'll always give up"

My thoughts: Where do you draw the line between grit and self-beating? Of true progression versus hitting the brick wall?

I sent it out to my database and these are some feedbacks:

Respondent one:
Can’t say I’ve ever heard that saying before.

Respondent two:

…………
………………………………………..
*deep in thought*…
Ya worrr….
*jam*…

Respondent three:
ya, why so philosophical today ? ;p
= you give up, you tanggung yourself la (tanggung is Malay for 'bear')

Respondent four:
I give up!
Okla. Nice. It’s same as “Once a quitter always a quitter.”

Respondent five:
But that’s saying the person is weak.. just based on giving up once. Quite poor thing right? ;p
As long as you have the wisdom to know what you’re giving up for, ok la I think.

Respondent six:
If you give up once, you may be smart or a quitter. So it really depends on the situation. Haven’t we all given up before? Think about a sport you used to play as a child. Are you now what you thought you could be? Or maybe we dream big dreams…. Bla bla bla bla bla…..
It’s hot. And I’m not thinking straight….

***end of responses***

I guess it really depends on the context - working in an office environment versus in a battlefield. The strength of the words simply changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment